While the Victoria Event Centre prides itself on being a very flexible venue, there are some limitations that apply to all events. Any variance from these restrictions must be negotiated with the GM of the Victoria Event Centre.
- Initial Access: 10AM (unless earlier access is approved by GM; often approved for weddings etc.)
- Alcohol Service: The VEC’s Liquor License is in effect until 1AM (with events ending at 1:30AM)
- Event Closure: 1:30AM (ABSOLUTE)
- Sound Check: Not before 6pm (although stage can be set up and lines checked prior to 6PM)
- Outside Noise Levels: 65 dbls (City Bylaw)
- No confetti, glitter or rice.
- Ask the VEC how/where to hang decorations.
- Artwork may be hung on the wall, but has to be approved by the GM and must be removed following the event/show (including nails and hooks in the wall).
There is one loading zone that can be used to load in equipment, but cannot be used for parking.
There is none. Any items that are left at the VEC for longer than a week following your event/show, will be disposed of by the VEC Staff (taken to thrift store or thrown in the garbage).
- No Outside Liquor
- No Smoke Machines (sets off the fire alarm).
- (20) 2.5 ft. round tables (cabaret tables)
- (6) 4 ft. round tables (need table cloths)
- (10) 6 ft. x 2.5 ft. long tables (need table cloths)
175 (two-thirds are folding, mostly upholstered, and the rest are hard-framed)
- Two Epson EX6220 Multimedia Projectors (small rental fee applies)
- Two screens: one 9 ft. high x 12 ft. wide; one 7 ft. high x 8.5 ft. wide
- Professional Photocopier/Printer
- Commercial Ice Machine
- Mobile theatre risers and runway (for fashion shows)