Our COVID-19 Safety Plan
Welcome back to the Victoria Event Centre!
After many changes in operation since the beginning of the pandemic, we are happy to be regularly hosting live audience events in the venue!
The health and safety of our guests, performers, organizers, and staff is of utmost importance to us, and we have given much consideration to creating systems that enable audience members to feel safe, and also maintain a high quality performance experience. We want to ensure that all our guests are comfortable in our space, and that you are aware of what to expect ahead of time.
- We are operating within the guidelines of Step 3 of the BC Restart Plan
Guests purchase tickets in groups by table size, and tables will be seated one at a time as they arrive.
- Tickets should be purchased online in advance, through our website, in order to ensure availability. If space remains, tickets will be available at the door.
The bar will provide table service. Instead of going to the bar, a server will visit you to take orders and to clear empty glassware.
- All events are seated
- Masks are required, except when seated at your table
- Unfortunately we cannot allow mingling between tables, or dancing. If you’re feeling the groove, we encourage you to shimmy in your seat!
Many of our shows will be broadcast online, so that our audience may attend virtually.
- All ticketholders are required to show proof of vaccination in order to attend. More information about the BC Vaccine Card is available HERE.
What we are doing to ensure proper hygiene in the venue:
- Sanitization of all high-contact surfaces before and after events or seatings
- Sanitization of high-contact surfaces that are used by multiple parties (bathroom, handrail, etc) while events are in progress.
- Employees and staff practice regular hand-washing, mask-wearing, and changing of disposable gloves
- Everyone in the venue will have access to liquid hand sanitizer, as well as face masks if needed
- Guests are highly encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon entry to the space.
If you have questions or concerns about COVID safety measures at the VEC, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 has had an enormous impact on the local arts community, and on us as a venue. Our goal is for the VEC to remain an important community gathering space in the months and years to come, and for all communities, audiences, performers to gather with confidence that we will continue to take all of the appropriate safety precautions.
All event information is available here on our website and on our Facebook page. If you are interested in hosting an event, please contact email@example.com – we’d be happy to discuss what we need to do to make your event successful.
We look forward to hosting you in our space!
VEC Staff, Board of Directors, and Members